Rectal Prolapse Treatment in Bangalore
Rectal Prolapse is more incident in women than men with a complete surgical intervention necessary to cure the condition.
Prolapse of the rectum is more common in children & elders.
Get the best treatment for Rectal Prolapse in Bangalore.
What is Rectal Prolapse ?
Rectal Prolapse is a non-emergency yet socially awkward rectal condition in which the rectum (last few inches of the large intestine) passes down into the anal canal & sometimes outside the anus. This requires the patient to sometimes manually push the prolapsed tissue inside causing ruptures or cuts in unhygienic environment.
At Chirag Global Hospitals, we educate our patients to get the right assessment & treatment for Prolapsed rectum as many patients & sometimes, even doctors, confuse rectal prolapse for Piles/Hemorrhoids. Get the right treatment by getting the right diagnosis. DO NOT SHY AWAY FROM TAKING A SECOND OPINION FROM the Best Colo-Rectal Surgeons of Bangalore, India.
Symptoms of Rectal Prolapse
- Most Common Symptom: A reddish mass/tissue hanging around the anus particularly after a bowel movement.
- Leakage of Mucous, Blood or Stools, leading to staining of clothes.
- Sense of incomplete evacuation after a bowel movement leading to more straining or discomfort.
- With time, the prolapsed mucous may become ulcerated & lead to bleeding.
- Constipation: Due to the obstruction created by the tissue in the anal canal, bowel movements will become more painful & strenuous than usual.
- Anal pain & itching is another common symptom that overlaps with Piles symptoms.
Causes of Rectal Prolapse
- Pregnancy & Child-birth
- Surgery to the pelvis or a previous injury
- Chronic Constipation
- Chronic Diarrhea
- Damage to the Spinal Cord or Nerves
- Intestinal Parasitic Infections
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Chronic Coughing/Sneezing
Risk Factors of Rectal Prolapse
If Rectal Prolapse is left untreated, it can lead to multiple colorectal & social issues.
- Fecal Incontinence: As the anal muscles stretch beyond the normal, it becomes difficult for the anal sphincter to hold back gas and stools inside. At least 50-75% of the
- Rectal Ulcers
Treatment for Rectal Prolapse
Rectal Prolapse can be treated based on the type of prolapse & the stage.
Most common surgical treatment for Rectal Prolapse is Rectopexy in which the loose ends of the rectum are pulled up & secured in the sacrum.
Get in touch with our specialist rectal prolapse doctor to understand the required treatment & the right diagnosis.
Prevention of Rectal Prolapse
- Treat Chronic Bowel Disorders
Do not let chronic constipation or diarrhea persist. Consult out expert colo-proctologists to understand the treatment options better, before the health condition worsens. Remember prevention is better than cure.
- Strengthen your Pelvic Floor
Kegel exercises help is keeping the pelvic floor muscles fit & strong. This helps prevent incontinence & possible pelvic organ prolapse.